We’ve got the power. IT’s our people.
Do you have a passion for learning about new and emerging technologies? Join our growing team!
Our team members make us who we are. It's why our employees stay. It's why our clients stay.
Founded in 2006 and led by world-class experts, Coretelligent’s five key services – 360 Support, CoreCloud, CoreBDR, CoreArmor and Managed IT – are relied on by top-tier organizations in the communications, education, financial services, life sciences, real estate, retail and technology industries among others.
Our team’s passion and dedication have helped us earn an impressive number of industry accolades from the Boston Business Journal, CRN, Inc., MSPmentor, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and others. We are headquartered in Westwood, Mass (right outside of Boston), with offices in New York City, Philadelphia and the San Francisco Bay area.
We appreciate and value each and every team member and take pride in providing competitive compensation and benefits, including medical and dental coverage on day 1, employer paid short and long term disability, and 401(k) with a match. Our weekly catered lunches are just one of many perks.
Project Engineer (Boston) - Local Candidates Only
About the Position:
Coretelligent Project Engineers are consistently engaged with our dynamic client base. Engineers ensure success by blending strong technical troubleshooting skills with superior customer service acumen and exemplary communication (verbal and written).
Coretelligent Project Engineers frequently work from our office to prepare for project execution, and then will often be required to travel onsite to a client location for portions of various projects. Engineers must be prepared and able to successfully work on multiple projects at any given time. Projects vary in size and scope.
Areas of achievement include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with Coretelligent project manager(s) to lead and execute various technology projects for our client base
- Projects you will lead/execute include but are not limited to:
- Migrating from one email platform to another (i.e.: Google Apps to Exchange 2013)
- Deploying a new office network (firewall, switching, wireless, UPS devices)
- Migrate from a Windows-based file sharing platform to a cloud based system such as Egnyte or Box
- Integrate various systems with a Single Sign On provider
- Deploy dual factor authentication within an environment
- Work with audio/video and/or phone system vendors to deploy new systems
- Manage an office relocation with the assistance of our Project Managers
- Responsible for creating detailed documentation outlining how systems were configured, and creating end-user guides to Coretelligent’s standards.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed time tracking of items completed
You have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to develop professional rapport with team members and clientele at all levels (individual contributor through C-level). You excel in team environments but can also work autonomously. You are a creative problem solver with successful experience developing action plans and driving issues to resolution. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where your dedication and strong time management skills can be fully utilized and appreciated.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on field consulting experience maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting information technology systems required
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to lift and move computer equipment frequently (up to 75lbs)
- Must have personal reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license – heavy local travel (driving) required with 2-5 days per week in the field being the norm
- Travel beyond local region (i.e.: flights, train) for project work may be required. Must be able to spend up to 7 nights out of town (generally with advanced notice).
- Able to regularly work nights and weekends to perform off-hours upgrades and migrations
- Certifications preferred include: CCNA, MCSA, CCNP, MCSE & VCP
About the Technology:
You should be able to configure, maintain and troubleshoot on the following technologies:
- TCP/IP networking
- Microsoft Office/Outlook (2007,2010, 2013), MS Office 2008,2011 for Mac
- Microsoft Windows (Vista, 7, 8.x)
- Desktops, laptops, tablets, servers and their peripherals (Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo)
- Mobile devices (Android, Apple, Blackberry)
- Corporate antivirus/antimalware (Sophos, Symantec, AVG)
- Disk imaging and recovery products (Ghost, Acronis, Ontrack, etc.)
- Network printing and multi-function devices
- MS Windows Server 2008 & 2012
- DHCP, DNS, Active Sync
- VPN clients (Cisco, FortiNet, SonicWALL)
- Hosted email (Office 365 ,Intermedia, Google Apps)
- MS Exchange 2010 & 2013
- Active directory, group policy, batch scripting, local and roaming user profiles
- Citrix and terminal services
- Wireless technology (Cisco, Ruckus, Aerohive, HP)
- Cloud technologies (SaaS, DaaS)
- SAN vendor experience (Dell/EqualLogic/Compellent, NetApp, EMC)
- Network attached storage devices (Buffalo, QNAP, Promise)
- VMware and/or other virtualization platforms
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.